I cannot believe that I haven't posted something since March 31st! Well yes I can - I have been totally and utterly consumed with work, school and this adoption process. It has taken the life out of me ;) So here is an update on the past month and a half.
We finished our adoption profile that our wonderful, very talented, sister in law - Natalie Harris (nharrisphotography.com) put together for us. It was sent in to the adoption agency where they will pass it out to prospective birth mothers. I have to say it looks pretty awesome! If I were computer savvy I would post it on the blog for all to see but unfortunately, I am not! We are going to Greensboro this Thursday to make a video profile to put on the adoption agencies website for birth mothers to view. This should be interesting to say the least! Can you imagine Dan and I talking about ourselves for twenty minutes or so! I am very interested to see how this turns out!
We also received an email last week from the Director of the Infant Networking Program that stated they had placed five infants at the first of the year -hence the hurry for us to get our paperwork finished and approved - they only have 8 - 10 couples waiting at one time so they needed approved people ASAP. Unfortunately, there aren't any birth mothers at this time but she assured us that this is normal and they have busy times and slow times. As of right now there are six of us in the "waiting pool". They do not go in any type of order - for example, someone that has been waiting longer than us would not have a higher chance of getting a placement - it is all up to the birth mother and what she feels is best for her child. Of course we are anxiously waiting for a phone call to tell us there is a baby waiting on us but we know that God is in control and it will happen when it is supposed to.
When they have our video edited and posted, I will post a link so you guys can check it out!
So VERY exciting! Just finished praying for you two and I cannot wait to see that video! God bless!
ReplyDelete