Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homestudy Received!

We received word yesterday from our agency that our homestudy packet was received on Monday and was "excellent"!  Yay!   I guess that means that we had everything in order.  The only thing that we need to do is get our marriage certificate from Mexico translated and notarized - which I intend on consulting with a friend of mine today at work that is a Spanish Interpreter to see if he will do it for us.  Also, our cousin, Andee has gladly agreed to notarize it for us!  Thanks Andee!  At first we were paranoid that we may not be "really" married but were reassured we indeed are.  We were ready to go to the courthouse and get "remarried" haha!  We were greatly relieved to know that that wasn't a problem - the problem was with the lawyer not being able to read it!

We worked yesterday all day trying to get our house ready for the social worker to come visit and most importantly getting ready for a baby!  Dan picked out the nursery color - "garden shed green".  It is absolutely gorgeous!  Our hallway is a whipped mocha and it looks yummy!  Our floors should be delivered tomorrow and the Harris gang will come over this weekend to start that process.  Our house looks like a tornado has hit it but we know it will be worth it in the end.  Is this what nesting feels like?  =)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the two of you! It will all be work it in the end! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow things are moving fast! It is so exciting. You are making me paranoid though because I have no time to sew right now. I am going through pics, hopefully I will finish soon. I had to chuckle at the marriage thing:) Loving this.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be such a wonderful Mother! I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up with you on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO exciting!!! I bet the place looks great. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated! : ) God bless you both and the little one that is one the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until all your hard work pays off! I also would love to see the house when you finish all the renovations!

    ReplyDelete