Friday, March 11, 2011

Whew! Paperwork complete!

We FINALLY finished up all of the adoption homestudy paperwork and mailed it off today.  When I went to the post office this afternoon - I became a little tearful. I know we still have to see if we are "fit" to be parents in the eyes of social workers but it just felt so real...like this is really happening.  I can't explain it but it was an overwhelming feeling.  The old lady behind the counter at the post office asked me what was wrong and I explained to her the contents of the package and she became so excited!  Then two other women came up front from the back to hear the news.  hahahaha!  We were quite a spectacle I imagine but it was awesome having support in that little post office this afternoon.  The lady made me promise that I would come in there when we get our bundle of joy so that she can watch he or she grow up being that she played a part in the process of course ;)  How sweet is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment